As with so many other things home related, after a year of spending more time at home, your outdoor entertaining areas may need a little facelift. Here are some easy and inexpensive ideas to freshen up those decks and porches without breaking the bank.
- Invest in a stylish outdoor rug. No longer simply a piece of fake grass, these rugs are made to withstand dirt, stains and the ever present weather related elements. Typically constructed from synthetic materials, today’s outdoor rugs are durable, affordable and frankly, are so attractive you may be tempted to use them indoors as well.
- Perfect for both decks and front porches, rail planters are an inexpensive way to jazz up your deck décor. For instant pops of color consider planting annuals instead of perennials. Some of the most popular annuals that thrive in a rail planter are geraniums, marigolds, begonias and petunias. Then as summer winds down and the temps begin to drop, replant the boxes with ornamental grasses, decorative mini cabbages and pansies.
Lights and Shade
- One of the year’s hottest outdoor design trends is string lights. Super versatile, these weather-resistant lights can easily and quickly be hung in numerous configurations. Attach them around the deck railing or the inside of a covered porch. Hang from trees or install wooden posts around a patio and string the lights from post to post. Add a center post, allowing the lights to drape, creating a cozy tent like vibe.
- Does the harsh evening sun shine right on your porch making happy hour not so happy? Outdoor curtains can easily solve that problem. Curtains made from Sunbrella fabric are the best at keeping the sun’s harsh rays at bay. This water resistant material can block the majority of UV rays which helps to reduce mold, mildew and fading. Best of all they are super simple to clean, just grab the garden hose and give them a good spray. Outdoor curtains are also great if privacy is a concern.
- Small front porch? Make the front door shine by painting it an eye-catching color. Add a unique doorknocker, mail slot and matching house numbers. Pick the perfect porch lighting. With proper planning there should be room for at least a few small potted plants and hanging baskets, a decorative house flag and maybe even a cozy bistro set.
Have a porch or deck that need a complete facelift? Interested in exploring the practical side of an outdoor kitchen or perhaps ready to revamp that old pool house? Compass Construction is here for all your rejuvenation needs. Your dream easily becomes reality with Compass Construction at the helm. Please connect with us today for additional information by calling 864-627-8804 or emailing Compass at firstname.lastname@example.org.