Once a staple in the Upstate homebuilding community, red brick homes are now part of one of the fastest growing home exterior trends: painted brick. In fact, brick homes of all styles from stunning two-story Colonial Revivals to family friendly one level ranches are being given new life and updated curb appeal while retaining all the pros a solid brick exterior has to offer. Many of these homes are now on their third generation of owners. Owners who are interested in putting their own stamp of individuality both inside and out.
- Cost: First off, brick, especially brick made locally from Upstate and Piedmont North Carolina red clay has always been extremely affordable especially during the 1960’s and 1970’s.
- Durability. Brick delivers a barrier against fire, wind and moisture.
- Noise Reduction. Brick provides noise cancelling properties, acting as a sound barrier for exterior street noise.
- Energy Savings. A natural building material, brick is energy efficient and provides exceptional thermal mass, allowing a brick home to stay cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter.
- Aesthetics. Bricks are beautiful and can be formed into many different shapes, designs and styles. Raw brick comes in a wide variety of shades from pale tan to rich dark brown. And while beautiful in their own right, perhaps you’re ready to inject a bit more color into your home’s exterior.
- Major Visual Impact. The eye is just naturally drawn to bright colors. Plus, if you live in a neighborhood of traditional brick homes, transforming the entire home’s exterior provides more of a distinction than simply changing shutter and exterior door colors.
- Property Value Increase. Because of the updated curb appeal, your home’s property value may increase. Plus, chances are pretty good it will boost the property’s resale value when it comes time to sell.
- Easy to Clean. Before brick is painted it must be prepped. When done correctly all those tiny little cracks and holes become filled in, eliminating spaces where dirt and pollen can settle.
- Weather Protection. Which extremely durable, in times of severe weather, bricks can be damaged. Painted brick can help reduce moisture damage from snow, ice and those strong summer storms.
- Color Change. Don’t like the color you selected? Or perhaps a couple of years have passed, and you just want a fresh look? Simply repaint. It’s fairly painless to change the color. But it’s important to remember, while it’s easy to change to another paint color, it’s almost impossible to go back to the original brick. That said, make sure you are totally committed before heading to the paint store.
Ready to get your new home plans started? Or maybe it’s time for a major rejuvenation. Whatever the reason, Compass Construction has the expertise to get the job done right the first time. To schedule a preliminary meeting please call us today at 864-627-8804 or fill out our secure online form and we’ll be in touch shortly.